Rule & Regulations
Membership is open to all the staff members and the students of S.D.MM., Hansi
Category No .of Books Issued Duration
|Sr. No.||Category||No. Of books||No. Of days|
Full Semester/14 Days
Full Semester/14 Days
- Monday – Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- ID card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Cell phones are prohibited
Loss of ID Cards
- Loss of ID cards should be reported immediately to the college and ID Numbers has to be blocked to avoid misuse of the card.
- Duplicate Cards will be issued by the college printing – ID Card Division, on payment of Rs.50(Rupees Fifty Only) deposit on fees counter ,for all members on giving an undertaking that they will continue to be held responsible for any loss arising from in advertent use or misuse of the card lost.
Issue and Return of Books
- Books other than reference books will be issued to issued students member for a period of 14 days only. For teachers the loan period is one full semester.
- Reference Books , Encyclopedias ,Hand Books ,Dictionaries ,periodicals ,Student project Report , and Back volumes will not be issued and they are only for reference.
- Two renewals will be permitted if there if there are no reservations against these books .For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the Library Counter.
- Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books , which they intend to borrow ,are in good condition and any damage /marking should be immediately reported to the Librarian failing Which the member to Whom the book was issued will be held responsible.
Members are advised to return /renew the books on or before due date marked on the book.
- A borrowed book should be returned on the due date, failing which a penalty of Rs.2/- will be collected as overdue charge per day.
Loss of Books
- Loss of Books ,if any Should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
- In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost ,he will be Levied a penalty two times the cost of the book plus overdue charges ,if any.
- Personal books ,files and other articles (except a small notebook or loose sheets of papers)are not allowed inside the library .Members have to deposit their personal belongings at the property counter near the entrance.
- Silence should be Observed strictly inside the library
- A member shall be responsible for any damage done by him /her to the books .she will be required to replace the book or other damaged property.
- Misbehaviour in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action.
- Any marking or writing inside the books by the members is strictly prohibited, if any damage/marking is found ,the member should replace the book.
- Not with standing anything contained in these rules ,the decision of the authorities of the college in all matters shall be final and binding.
- All final Year Students Members Should get “No Dues Certificate”(NOC) from the College Library. The Course Completion/Marksheet,Degree Certificate will be given only on production of the NOC from the Library.
- Similarly, the Staff Members Who intend to leave the College Should Settle all the dues including the ID cards and obtain a “No Dues Certificate”(NOC) from the College Librarian.